Fire Emblem Awakening is the 2nd 3DS game I’ve ever finished (late to the party) Bought a 2dsxl about a month ago or so. Finished Fire Emblem Echoes and fell in love with the series so I got Awakening. Love these games!I’m torn between which I liked more. Probably Awakening. I’ll give some thoughts in point form.I liked the Awakening maps far more than Echoes.I hated the dungeons of Echoes.I liked the dual storyline of Echoes more than Awakening.it was easier to keep track of characters in Echoes due to the split groups. I found I just forgot about some of the characters in Awakening because I was steam rolling everyone with my stronger half.I preferred the support system in Awakening. I found it hard to get involved in Echoes but in Awakening I was actively trying to hook ppl up.I really wish all the games were fully voiced. To me it makes Echoes overall the better presented game.I preferred the gameplay in Awakening. I liked that I had to think more. But I also felt like everyone could move too far so my usual tactic resulted in me turtling up and just letting my OP units run amok. With echoes I felt I got to focus more on movement, but the fighting was less interesting.for whatever reason, I found myself turning off combat animations in Echoes really early on, but wanted to leave them on in Awakening. I think it was because of the heavy focus on supports and RNG.I really liked the way Echoes gave you the combat prediction. It made it easy to identify your first and second hit damage.So yeah, overall I’d take Awakening, mainly just because i think the gameplay was more fun and i really hated the grindy dungeons of Echoes.I’m onto Birthright now!


http://ift.tt/2uo7chx

Comments

Popular Posts